Dunlavy broke 1,000 career digs in match with match-high 18 digs
COLCHESTER, Vermont (October 19, 2019) – The Stonehill College volleyball team was victorious over Northeast-10 Conference foe Saint Michael's College (1-12, 0-5 NE10) in three-straight sets, 3-0, Saturday afternoon at Ross Sports Center.
By The Numbers:
- Senior Rachel Dunlavy registered a match-high 18 digs in route to breaking a career 1,000 digs. She is now the 10th Skyhawk to reach the feat as she has totaled 1,014 in her four-year career.
- Junior Sophia Poveda led the match with 11 kills, a .429 hitting percentage, and three aces to lead the team.
- Freshman Amanda Maier recorded nine kills and a .333 hitting clip.
- Two Skyhawks tallied three blocks each to lead the match, while two recorded two each.
How it Happened:
- Saint Michael's saw its first lead of the game, 6-4, but Stonehill was able to take over as they went on a 21-8 run to take set one, 25-14.
- Stonehill's highest hitting percentage came in the second game as they dominated with a .360 hitting clip, while the Purple Knights fell below .000. The Purple Knights saw a four-point advantage, 6-2, to start the second game, but Poveda tallied four of her 11 kills during the game as Stonehill took game two, 25-10.
- Stonehill once again dominated with a .344 hitting percentage as the Skyhawks took their fifth game of the season in three-straight sets with a 25-11 game three win.
Poveda led the match with 11 kills and a .429 hitting percentage (PHOTO BY: Andrew Katsampes)
Outside the Lines:
- Stonehill is able to keep Saint Michael's College out of the win column with a three-set win.
Stonehill (10-7, 3-2 NE10) continues NE10 play with a home contest against Saint Anselm College on Tuesday, October 22 with a 7:00 p.m. start at Merkert Gymnasium. The Skyhawks welcome all faculty and staff to the game as they will hold their Faculty Appreciation Game.
During the month of October, the Skyhawks will be collecting donations for the Side-Out Foundation to help fund breast cancer education and cutting edge research and treatment. If you would like to make a donation, please click here to access the Stonehill Volleyball Side-Out Foundation Campaign.
For the latest on Stonehill Athletics, follow the Skyhawks via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Stonehill Skyhawks "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.