Roberts earns first in limit flat and fourth in limit fences
McConville won her third blue ribbon of the season (PHOTO BY: Andrew Katsampes)
STOUGHTON, Massachusetts (October 26, 2019) – The Stonehill College equestrian team placed fourth at their home show, held at Winters End Farm in their third Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) Zone 1, Region 4 event of the season. Following this result, the Skyhawks hold on to second place in the region.
- Senior Kaitlin Kotfila placed second in open flat for her first red ribbon of the season.
- Three Skyhawks competed in open fences as senior Emma McConville led the way with her third first-place ribbon of the season, while classmate Kotfila earned a third-place ribbon and senior Mariah Hanson placed fifth overall.
- Hanson also competed in intermediate flat, as she earned her first first-place ribbon of the season and 14th of her career. Classmate Laura Solar finished sixth in intermediate flat.
- Junior Madison Roberts showed in limit flat picking up her third first-place ribbon of the season and saw a fourth-place finish in limit fences.
- In her second IHSA show, freshman Haley Whittaker earned her first-career blue ribbon in novice.
- Freshman Aylin Torres showed in her first-IHSA event, placing fourth in introductory.
Stonehill will return to action on Saturday, November 2 and Sunday, November 3 as they first travel to Bolton, Massachusetts as Bentley University and Wheaton College host a show, followed by a show hosted by Bridgewater State University in Middleboro, Massachusetts.
For the latest on Stonehill Athletics, follow the Skyhawks via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Stonehill Skyhawks "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.