Cerretani qualified for regionals in the second show of the season
EASTON, Massachusetts (October 13, 2019) – The Stonehill College equestrian team opened the 2019-20 season with two Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) Zone 1, Region 4 events, as they aim to defend their title from last year. At the Tufts/Brandeis show on Saturday, the Skyhawks tied for third, while they finished second overall at the Boston University Show pushing them into second place for the region.
McConville earned two first-place ribbons this weekend in open flat and saw a second-place finish in open fences (PHOTO BY: Chris Marion)
- Senior Emma McConville earned her first first-place ribbon of the season and 13th of her career, as she earned the blue ribbon for open flat, while classmate Kaitlin Kotfila finished third.
- Junior Madison Roberts showed in limit flat, where she was the second first-place ribbon for the Skyhawks.
- In intermediate fences, junior Kylie Katz and sophomore Kiley Subklew both earned third place.
- Senior Mariah Hanson finished third in intermediate flat in the first show of the season.
- Junior Shannon Gorsky was the runner-up in limit fences
- In her first IHSA debut, freshman Haley Whittaker placed second in novice flat, while sophomore Olivia Cerretani was second in introductory.
Boston University Show
- McConville led the Skyhawks with her second first-place ribbon of the season in open flat and 14th blue ribbon of her career, while she also placed second in open fences.
- Kotfila earned her first blue ribbon of the season and fourth in her career as she took first in open flat and fourth in open fences, while Hanson competed in open fences for the first time taking second place.
- Cerretani showed in introductory and picked up her second first-place ribbon of her career, qualifying her for regionals
- Roberts collected the teams' fourth first-place ribbon of the show as she showed in limit fences, earning her seventh blue ribbon of her career .
- Freshman Ariel Goharzadeh competed in her first IHSA show taking home the teams' fifth first-place ribbon, showing in limit flat.
- Sophomores Catherine Souza and Sophie Johnson had their Stonehill IHSA debuts and Souza placed fourth in intermediate fences while Johnson earned third in novice.
Stonehill will take a weekend off before hosting its home show on Saturday, October 26 at Winters End Farm in Stoughton, Massachusetts.
For the latest on Stonehill Athletics, follow the Skyhawks via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Stonehill Skyhawks "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.