The Stonehill College Athletics Hall of Fame recognizes past student-athletes, coaches, team, faculty, staff, administrators and friends who have distinguished themselves in the field of athletics by virtue of their performance on athletic teams representing the College, or by meritorious efforts on behalf of athletics.
- For former student-athletes, eligibility shall not begin until five (5) years after the class with which the student-athlete entered has graduated from the College. Non-graduated student-athletes may be considered on an individual basis and must have departed the College in good standing.
- Persons, other than student-athletes, may also be considered as Hall of Fame members.
- For teams to be considered, eligibility shall not begin until five (5) years after a championship has been won or shared.
- For former coaches and student-athletes, eligibility shall be based on demonstrated achievements, integrity, sportsmanship, character and his/her contributions to the team on which that person played or coached, as well as to the College in general.
- For non-coaches and student-athletes to be considered, he/she must have demonstrated special contributions to the College and its athletic programs or who have distinguished themselves through athletic achievements in his/her professional career.
- The induction ceremony will take place on a Friday evening during the fall semester.
- The number of inductees/teams will be determined by the Hall of Fame Committee.
The Director of Intercollegiate Athletics shall establish the Hall of Fame Committee annually.
The committee shall consist of the following members:
- Director of Intercollegiate Athletics
- Senior Women’s Administrator
- Director of Athletic Communications
- Athletic Chaplain
- Alumni Affairs designee
- Three representatives from Athletic Hall of Fame on a rotating schedule over three years
- Representative appointed by the Hall of Fame Selection Committee (3-year appointment)
Should any member resign or otherwise become ineligible during a term, the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics shall appoint a replacement. The selection committee shall meet at least once a year. The committee is to review nominations, select inductees and formulate plans for the induction ceremony and fill any committee vacancies. Each member of the committee is expected to attend the selection meeting and the induction ceremony.
Nominations in writing detailing a nominee’s accomplishment and relevant information can be submitted by anyone. All nominations and support material should be sent to the Director of Athletic Communications at Stonehill College. The Stonehill athletics website, www.stonehillskyhawks.com will have a link to the Hall of Fame, eligibility requirements and nomination form.
Hall of Fame Housing
The Stonehill College Athletics Hall of Fame shall be housed in the Sally Blair Ames Sports Complex as well as online via the athletic website.