Stonehill Shuts Out Post, 9-0
Sophomore Brett Armstrong was among the double-winners for Stonehill.
All six Skyhawks are double-winners in regional win
EASTON, Mass. (March 21, 2012) – Stonehill College, ranked tenth in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) East Regional rankings, cruised to a 9-0 victory over Post University in non-conference men's tennis action at Charles Watt Tennis Courts today.
All six Stonehill players were double-winners in the regional triumph on Wednesday. Freshman Eric Ringstad (Fairbanks, Alaska/Monroe Catholic) and senior Aaron Bergeron (Gorham, Maine/Gorham) combined for an 8-0 win at No. 1 doubles. Ringstad also grinded out a 6-4, 7-5 win at No. 1 singles, while Bergeron cruised to a 6-0, 6-2 win at No. 4.
Sophomores Nick Hyzak (Guilford, Conn./Guilford) and Brett Armstrong (Manville, R.I./Mount Saint Charles Academy) combined for an 8-1 win at No. 2 doubles, before Hyzak swept to a 6-3, 6-0 win at No. 2 and Armstrong cruised to a 6-0, 6-1 decision at No. 5. Freshmen Thomas Alaimo (North Andover, Mass./Central Catholic) and Jared Drzal (West Sayville, N.Y./Sayville) combined for an 8-1 triumph at No. 3 doubles before Alaimo didn't drop a game in his 6-0, 6-0 win at No. 3 singles and Drzal posted a 6-0, 6-1 win at No. 6.
Stonehill (9-1, 3-0 NE-10) returns to Northeast-10 action on Saturday as it hosts American International College at Charles Watt Tennis Courts at 1 p.m. Post (1-5, 1-1 CACC) hosts University of Sciences on Saturday at 1 p.m.
Stonehill 9, Post 0
1. Eric Ringstad (STO) def. Christ-Brian Amedjonekou (POST) 6-4, 7-5
2. Nick Hyzak (STO) def. Dreshawn Lewis (POST) 6-3, 6-0
3. Thomas Alaimo (STO) def. Mark Risbridger (POST) 6-0, 6-0
4. Aaron Bergeron (STO) def. Mateus Garcia (POST) 6-0, 6-3
5. Brett Armstrong (STO) def. Danny Bonamassa (POST) 6-0, 6-1
6. Jarad Drzal (STO) def. Markeese McLeod (POST) 6-0, 6-1
1. Ringstad/Bergeron (STO) def. Amendjonekou/Garcia (POST) 8-0
2. Hyzak/Armstrong (STO) def. Lewis/Risbridger (POST) 8-1
3. Alaimo/Drzal (STO) def. Michael McDonald/Ethan/Siemiesz (POST) 8-1
* - doubles matches played first